Monday 1 February 2010

Dang!!

Yesterday i sent an email to an old friend reminding her of the things we did in the good old days. I spoke of the time we drunk ourselves silly the night before an important office presentation without a care in mind. I reminded her of the boys we had crushes on and the ones whose obsessive attention we tried to shoo off. My email was nostalgic. I don't know why i sent the email, maybe it was a way of trying to hold on to my youth which I feel, of late, slipping out of my hands. Maybe it was my way of reassuring myself that I still have a few more years before my wild 20's are officially gone.
The response to my email? A curt response saying, in not so many words, that that was then and this is now, grown-up now.
My response... dang! how did i get here?

No comments:

Post a Comment